Saturday, March 10, 2012

My mom's a good luck charm

My mom wrote me an email last night that she and my dad were going out for sushi. She said, "Lucky you, you can get sushi right outside of your room." I wrote her that we never get sushi on here. We get Mahi and Ono from time to time but they get cooked up (and they are AWESOME). Once on here, a while ago, we had a bloody little tuna, but not true ahi sushi. Well, that changed today! Fish on! And it was a nice sized Ahi!

The above photo is another catch, an Ono, being dissected...a mackerel head in its' stomach, and you may be able to see the two little parasites crawling around. According to the fish biologist pictured, that is healthy. I watched this dissection as I was chewing my piece of Ahi sushi, about 1/2 hour before dinner...now that is what I call a pupu! Then for dinner-Mahi that had been caught the day prior!

No comments:

Post a Comment