Monday, September 28, 2009

Mount Pugh Hike

Jackson, Nick and I went for a hike in the Cascades on Saturday. We had a beautiful and challenging day hike picked out. But when we got there the trailhead road was closed due to a storm washout. So we quickly consulted our books and picked another nearby, Mount Pugh. I am not sure I knew what I was in for, though the ranger station rated it as "most difficult" and our book deemed it a 5 out of 5 for difficulty. It was an amazing hike with incredible views from the top. It took us 8 hours total, and was a 2.5 hour drive from Seattle...a wonderful day. And I am still sore! The peak is at 7224' and we had a total elevation gain of 5304' over an 11 mile roundtrip. The last hour plus was a class 2 scramble along a ridge, and most of the hike was pretty steep. however, the trail was beautiful and well maintained. I hope you enjoy the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment